IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

CONVERGENCE ON POETICS

 I'm just back from the University of Washington, Bothell (think "bottle" with an "H" - I kept imagining a real estate commercial, "Living in the Bothell"), where poet/professor Jeanne Heuving and her friendly staff organized a "Convergence on Poetics," partly to mark the commencement of their new MFA program.  These few photos are from the opening evening, which featured a panel with Charles Bernstein, Rebecca Brown and Rachel Blau DuPlessis.  Rebecca was a student at George Washington University back during my grad school days and this was the first time I've had a chance to really catch up with her since, though I've been reading her work all these years.  I'll be uploading posts about the following days of the conference as time permits.







No comments: