IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Friday, June 21, 2013

WUHAN, CHINA III


The morning after the conclusion of the CAAP conference I was up early for the walk over to the Foreign Languages Building and two final lectures by Yunte Huang (who spoke on anagrammatic poetics) and Hank Lazer (who addressed the evolution of his poetry, with an emphasis on his recent visual works).  After that, it was all sight seeing and visiting with my new friends.  Wei Yan guided me through the Hubei Museum and around East Lake.  Professor Linaggong Luo, our host for the conference, took Jerry Ward and me on a whirlwind tour of the 1911 revolution museum, the Yellow Crane Tower and a beautiful shrine to the friendship between an ancient musician and his fisherman friend. At the shrine, I thought about the friendships I had made on this trip.  There is a place to the side of the shrine where, over many years, people have placed locks with the names of their great friends.  I think the apperception of the music of friendship (to use the word that the Chinese translators at the shrine know even if the spell checker on my computer does not) is something that will stay with me from this trip.


























No comments: