IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Monday, December 09, 2013

A MAMMAL OF STYLE


This is what that old, familiar defamiliarization looks like. I went to my office mailbox for one of the last times before they close the building for renovations, and there, I thought, was an old fiend, but it turned out on second take to be a book by an old friend. For years I've resisted submitting to journals that would require submitting my texts to recasting in Chicago, deep dish style.  But now . . . thanks to Kit Robinson and Ted Greenwald, I have a riposte. Think I may require my freshman comp students to format thusly:

Catch an eye
On the road again
Brush fingers' legend


COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THEREMIN


Outside your ken
World keeps going
Our arms end in all hands on deck


Anonymize weather
Homemade say no evil
Unlocket trunk line



No comments: