IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Monday, March 08, 2010

i.e. Reader


Out from Narrow House publishers is the i.e. Reader, featuring poets who have appeared in the i.e. reading series in Baltimore.

It was my good fortune to read in the series with D.C. friends Beth Joselow and Phyllis Rosenzweig back in October of 2007 at the Carriage House, a great venue for poetry or music, hidden up one of those many Baltimore alleyways that THE WIRE seems not to know about. You can see photos from that event below.

The Reader features such poets as Rosmarie Waldrop, Rod Smith, Buck Downs, Charles Bernstein, Heather Fuller, Bruce Andrews, Norma Cole, John Yau, Peter Gizzi, Rachel Blau DuPlessis and a host of others.

Navigate over to SPD for more info by clicking here.


Typically for me, I contributed a poem that I did not read in the i.e. series:



". . . and i followed her to the station"

This suitcase intends
A world
Broke at the clasp
Grasp

World gone wrong

These rails portend
A done wrong life

Th ese unintended
Blues stones
In my passway
Cinders rasp
In my draw
Rail against the night

Smokestack steel strings
Open tuning
Bottle up and go
She gone

What I loved well
Booked
In the wake
Her train

Black rain
Conveyance
To freezing ties
Blinding

Binding
Dry ice

No comments: