IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

POETRY OF THE 1980s - Maine III




Friday's sessions started for me with a panel on Feminism in the 1980s organized by Arielle Greenberg that featured Catherine Wagner and Linda Russo, with whom I would be performing in the poetry event that night.  When I saw Linda's stack of index cards I got a bit sad, thinking of the many times I'd been here with Lorenzo Thomas, who always spoke from such a deck of cards.  Time passed, and I attended a panel on temporality.



The afternoon plenary was a panel I organized, "Of Time and Bodies: New Black Aesthetics/New Black Critique," featuring presentations by Mecca Jamillah Sullivan, Meta Jones and Evie Shockley.





I only eat lobster when visiting the University of Maine.


Marjoie Perloff at the keyboard




The night closed with our Poetry in Performance session, organized by Laura  Hinton, who  managed to manage poets and technology.  See the previous post for photos from this event.

No comments: