IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Friday, July 10, 2015

CHINA 2015 - Part 3



While my hard working grad students were finishing their papers, I traveled to Xiangyang with grad students and faculty from the Foreign Languages School who were attending a Hubei Province conference on the teaching of literature. In the morning, I watched the Women's World Cup matches. In the afternoon I went sight seeing with my host, Dr. Lianggong Luo.




Our first visit was to a memorial to ancient calligraphers, a fascinating place to reflect upon the nature of the written character in the presence of some of its most artistic incarnations. During our visit to the tea house, Professor Luo demonstrated his extensive knowledge of teas and tea lore.












A short, fearsome cab ride later, we strolled along the ancient city walls in the rain.






No comments: