IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

OH, BALTIMORE

Audience members explaining Baltimore's unusual system for judging poetry performances.




Earlier this month I traveled to Baltimore to read in the i.e. series with poets and old friends Beth Joselow and Phyllis Rosenzweig. Beth has a new book from Chax Press, BEGIN AT ONCE. We hadn't seen each other for more than six years, so it was a delight to read on a program together.


The reading was held at THE CARRIAGE HOUSE, a building off an alley that has been converted into a performance space with a beautiful, wooden, elevated stage sporting a grand piano and a xylophone-looking device featuring bells in chromatic arrangement.


P. Inman, profiling ----



Tina Darragh was also there, seen here with Beth Joselow. She and Pete were to read in the same series another date. I was just thinking of her because I'd gotten the new release of THE COMPLETE MILES DAVIS ON THE CORNER SESSIONS -- a great package that made me go to my book shelf and pull down my copy of Tina's FROM ON THE CORNER TO OFF --



Phyllis --








Tom Mandel, piano in background!


For more photos, with a good view of the converted space and stage (and those shots I wasn't able to take of myself) click here.

No comments: