IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Penn Sound Sessions



Last Friday I drove over to Philadelphia for a recording session at Kelly Writers House, up in that belfry where Penn Sound bats around phonemes.

The afternoon started out with two programs recorded with Charles Bernstein: a half hour of my poetry followed by a second program in which Bernstein, short of water boarding me, attempted to get at the ticking time bomb of my poetics.

Prior to heading over there, I'd pulled from the shelf that review of Bernstein's Controlling Interests I'd published back in 1981 in the journal Gargoyle. It was a matter of some relief to find that the review could stand rereading all these years later.

After those sessions, I participated in one of Al Filreis's POEM TALK episodes as part of a panel discussing Vachel Lindsay's "The Congo."

When the recordings are posted at Penn Sound I'll provide the links in this space.

Had a great afternoon -- thanks to all the good folk at Kelly Writers House.








[Charles views Aldon askance.]



No comments: