IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

WE FREE KIN

























Some time ago I heard from Catherine A. Lee, a poet I had not known of before, who, as it turns out, had been close to Percy Johnston and other artists I've been researching over the years. While I still have not met Catherine, I am grateful for her generosity. She has shared a number of important Johnston-related materials which have much added to my understanding of his life and work.

And then she sent me this beautiful . . . well, what to call it. It's sort of a chapbook, sort of an accordion artist's book. Not to say a book by an accordionist, but a booklet that unfolds and refolds, making its own kind of verbal music. Catherine, after many years in the Boston area, is now in San Antonio. Keep an eye out for her performances.

No comments: