IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Friday, July 01, 2011

AMERICAN LITERATURE ASSOCIATION - BOSTON 2011



I've been in North Carolina so am a bit late in posting photos from the 2011 American Literature Association in Boston. This was my final year of service as President of the African American Literature Association. As of now, the new officers are President James Peterson of Lehigh, First Vice President Keith Byerman of Indiana State, and Second Vice President Shirley Moody Turner of Penn State.



We had an exceptional set of panels this year, including such presentations as the first critical analysis I've heard anywhere of Jerry Ward's Katrina Papers.

My friend from grad school days Richard Flynn was there, along with his son, Richard Flynn, who is commencing graduate work at Brandeis. One of Richard's Georgia Southern colleagues had her daughter with her.









































































I've always enjoyed seeing people bring their children with them to conferences, but now I'm starting to feel uncharacteristically grandfatherly.


and somewhat interstitial . . .

2 comments:

richflynn17 said...

Nice pics, Aldon, but I teach at Georgia Southern not Georgia State!

aldon nielsen said...

Corrected! That's as bad as when people introduce me as being from "Penn" --