IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Friday, March 23, 2012

AWP 2012 - Chicago


I was there to bring the life and works of Lorenzo Thomas back to the AWP -- At the first AWP I ever attended, Lorenzo and I were doing the same thing with the life and works of Sterling Brown. This year I was on a panel with Grant Jenkins and Tyrone Williams, organized by Carla Harryman.

It struck me that I was attending a lot of memorial panels: Akilah Oliver, Eleanor Ross Taylor, Edouard Glissant, etc.

Among the living, there were stirring readings and presentations from Lyn Hejinian, Ed Roberson, Cole Swenson, Dawn Lundy Martin, Tonya Foster, so many . . . .

Had lunch the first day around the corner at Buddy Guy's club while a young fellow wearing a stingy brim played acoustic blues.


AND I finally met Julie Patton and her notes.




















































































































No comments: