IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Journey to the Dukedom

Last month I traveled to North Carolina to spend the Columbus Day weekend at Duke University. Things started off with a meeting of Duke's Poetry Working Group, gathering at the home of long-time friends Joseph Donahue and Priscilla Wald -- Have to say I envy Duke that working group; a lively collaboration of engaged writers and thinkers -- I shared with them some of my work on Lloyd Addison, and then we had a free-ranging discussion -- The following night I read in the Manic Caravan series with Ryan Ananat, who earned extra cred with me by mixing tracks from Eugene McDaniels's Headless Heroes of the Apocalypse into the wild swirl of music with which he interacted.












I'm especially grateful to Ken Taylor, J. Peter Moore and Damien-Adia Marassa for taking time out of their holiday weekend to share their town and their thoughts with me. Thanks to Damien, again, for those photos in which I appear -- That's Damien pointing at the headless anti-heroes just above.


No comments: