IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Ojo Caliente


 I'm recently returned from Palovista Ranch, which is outside Ojo Caliente, New Mexico, which is outside Santa Fe. Hadn't been to New Mexico since a family trip when I was eleven years old. (Somewhere I still have the book on prehistoric human cultures of New Mexico that I bought on that trip.) The occasion of my return was an invitation to participate in a unique seminar hosted there for several years now by Daisy Atterbury and Genji Amino.




The seminar brings together writers, artists and musicians who pursue their work and interact with visiting speakers. I had been preceded this year by Craig Dworkin (who I keep just missing at one place or another) and Lucy Lippard. While I was there, film maker Jeanne Liotta drove in from Boulder. The seminar is a curious mix of scholarship, creative work (not that there's a real difference) and winter camp.






Look close and you'll see Stephen Jonas was in the house.




No comments: