IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Thursday, January 14, 2016

MLA 2016 - AUSTIN






































A good question . . . . 




I was speaking on two panels at this year's meeting of the Modern Language Association. The first was a session on Black Abstraction, with my dear colleagues Margo Crawford and Carter Mathes, chaired by Anthony Reed. But I was so abstracted that I forgot to take any photos.  Still, a great conversation.








Things were enlivened this year when we all had to evacuate the Austin Convention Center. Have to say Austin's first responders are every bit as good as MLA respondents.




Grant Jenkins performed his John Brown impression -- pretty impressive -- 



My second session was a round table on Race, Ethnicity, and United States Poetry, organized by Timothy Yu and Rachel Galvin. I recorded that one for future posting. Stay posted.




This is the second time Professor Noel and I have shown up wearing the same hat.


Unlike the similar signs posted around the Convention Center, this one got the Spanish right. I ate only at gun free establishments. Don't like too much lead with my enchiladas.



















No comments: