IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Monday, April 15, 2019

CLA 2019 - Raleigh, North Carolina

Always a bit concerned about Research Triangle --  sounds like a mysterious place where research vanishes from the radar, never to be seen again.


Yet all was well at this year's conference of the College Language Association, and nobody vanished. There was one problem, though. My camera lens picked up a few water spots in the rain, for which I apologize.  Also completely forgot to hand off my camera to somebody to get a picture of the panel I was on, but Donna Akiba Sullivan Harper was there to snap a shot of my Amiri Baraka Tee shirt. This was my second year on the CLA Journal Essay Award committee, and I was truly pleased with the results.  I won't tell you about that in today's blog, though, because even though the author was recognized in absentia at the banquet, she doesn't yet know she is the winner. Watch FaceBook for that announcement.






























No comments: