IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Friday, April 04, 2008

ANN COULTER VISITS PENN STATE

. . . but I went to a poetry reading by Charles Wright.




It had been more than twenty years since I had last been to a Wright reading (whereas Coulter seems inescapable even in my universe).

One of the last times I'd seen Wright had been a memorable evening at the Library of Congress, where he'd read with Eleanor Ross Taylor, in what turns out to have been one of the only readings she's ever given.
For his Penn State audience, Wright surveyed the recent years, winding up with a strong offering from his most recent book-length poetic sequence, LITTLEFOOT.


For a sample of this reading, click on the title of today's blog entry. In most browsers this should bring you to an MP3 of Wright reading his poem "Last Supper."





2 comments:

tyrone said...

Aldon,

One of my students (who is a poetry publisher also) wants to contact you re Eloise Lofton. His name is Daniel Todd. Should I have him email you?

Tyrone

aldon nielsen said...

sure -- she goes by Hannah Loftin now --