IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Sunday, May 27, 2007

AMERICAN LITERATURE ASSOCIATION 2007

Tonight I'm in a hotel in Boston, at the conclusion of this year's meeting of the American Literature Society.


MY FAVORITE SMILE OF THE WEEK




Among this year's highlights was the reception honoring poet Marilyn Nelson, this year's winner of the Stephen Henderson Award from the African American Literature and Culture Society.
More about that in a future post.


























I also had my annual reunion with my friends in the field of childerne's literature, who graciously appointed me a fellow traveler despite the fact that I have no children and have never read any children's literature. (Unless you want to count THE CHILDREN'S HOUR.)








































































































Meta Jones phones home -- watch for her forthcoming book on jazz and poetry, THE MUSE IS MUSIC.















No comments: